Who would benefit from this group? Professionals in the field of mental health:
- Mental and medical healthcare professionals
- Mental health, counseling, social work, and psychology students
- Pastoral counselors
- Professionals in allied healthcare fields
- Dance, art, and music therapists
- Life coaches
This group is offered in two modalities:
- A 16-week closed experiential group held virtually (2 hours every other week)
- In-person weekend in our Alexandria office
Group facilitator: Sibila Jahangiri, LPC-R
Purpose of this group:
- Provide a safe space for group members to work through their own life problems and
stuck points that sometimes manifest during client sessions.
- Provide an opportunity for students, interns, and residents in the mental care field to gain
a personal experience in the role of a client even if they don’t have a diagnosable mental
- Provide a stage to concretize or give dimension and space to the intrapsychic process.
Benefits of attending the group:
- Increase self-awareness and self-understanding.
- Increase ability to tolerate difficult emotions.
- Increase compassion for self and others.
- Increase understanding of personal limitations and improve the ability to communicate them.
- Reintegrate traumatic or unresolved experiences.
- Decrease the impact of imposter syndrome and increase confidence in personal abilities.
- Experiment with and master new behaviors.
- Increase ability to separate own experiences from the experiences of clients.
- Increase authenticity and spontaneity.
Psychodrama, Transactional analysis, Internal Family Systems, and art techniques