Payment due at time of service. Fees based on service provided, length of session and insurance coverage.
Payment Plan options are available in limited situations.
|Individual, Couples or Family Session (45-60 minute)||$170|
|Individual, Couples or Family Session (45-60 minute)||$130|
|Subsequent psychotherapy sessions (45-60 minute)||$125|
Late Cancellation/No Show Fee $60
Shorter Waiting Times. Immediate availability for intake sessions.
- Privacy. Using insurance means a third party has knowledge of your time in therapy. Privacy laws protect you to a certain extent, but your privacy is not 100% guaranteed. When choosing self-pay, your therapy services are discrete without the fear of being denied by your insurer for future care. For example, creating a “pre-existing condition.”
- Flexibility. Together as a team, we will decide the best course of treatment for you instead of being confined to the parameters set forth by the insurance company. For example – length of sessions, duration of therapy, etc.
- Unique Service Opportunities. Self-pay clients have the option of video/online sessions. This allows us to engage in therapy from the comfort of your own home (or wherever you may be) while also providing peace of mind that you will not run into anyone you know coming out of the waiting room or office).
We are considered in-network for and accept variety insurances. In-network benefits vary by therapist. Please contact your insurance provider to determine whether or not your therapist is an in network provider for your carrier. We will also let you know which providers accept your insurance.
All remaining insurance companies are considered “out-of-network”. If your insurance company offers out-of-network benefits, you may receive reimbursement for the cost of sessions. Most insurance companies that provide out-of-network benefits cover between 50%-80% of the cost per session. We are happy to submit claims out of network for your convenience.
Please call the customer service number on the back of medical insurance card (for mental health services) to determine whether or not services provided are considered in-network or out-of-network. It is the client’s responsibility to determine insurance benefits prior to beginning therapy. Please contact your insurance provider directly to verify mental health coverage. The following questions will be helpful when discussing
coverage with your insurance:
- Do I have behavioral health/mental health insurance benefits/coverage?
- Is my plan in-network or out-of-network with Healthy Minds Therapy PLLC?
- If I am in-network, what is my co-pay or co-insurance for an in-office outpatient mental health visit?
- If I am out-of-network, do I have out-of-network benefits and at what rate am I reimbursed?
- Do I have an annual deductible? What is it and how much of it has been met? Is it a calendar year deductible or does it restart on a different date?
- Are there a limited number of sessions allowed?
- Is there an annual or lifetime limit on what my insurance will pay?
- Is approval, referral or pre-authorization required?
Please contact us for assistance with determining insurance eligibility.
Session spots are limited each week in efforts of devoting the appropriate amount of time and attention that is required to provide excellent service and outcomes. Therapy is most successful when sessions are regular and consistent. If you need to cancel an appointment, please contact us as soon as possible so we may reschedule.
It is extremely difficult to schedule another client on short notice, which is why a full out-of-pocket fee (varies depending on location) for a missed appointment or an appointment cancelled in less than 24 hours will be assessed. If you know you will not be able to make your appointment the following week during your session, please let us know and we are happy to reschedule for you.
We will respond to messages and phone calls as soon as possible. However, we do not provide urgent, crisis or emergency services.
If you are experiencing a life threatening emergency and require immediate assistance, please call 911, or go directly to your nearest emergency room. If you are feeling overwhelmed, but do not require hospitalization, you may call one of the following mental health hotlines numbers: 703.746.3401 (Alexandria City), 703-573-5679 (Fairfax County), 703-228-5160 (Arlington County), and 202-673-9300 (Washington, DC) After Hours Crisis Hotline 540-373-6876 and National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255.
For less urgent matters or for scheduling issues, please leave a message on our voicemail or by E-mail.
Email is not a secure, confidential form of communication and should not be used for discussion of clinical issues or for urgent communications.