It is crucial that you take care of your mental wellness now more than ever before. Mental wellness or good mental health is thinking, feeling, and interacting in ways that help you enjoy life and effectively deal with challenging situations. Without mental wellness, people are unable to fulfill their full potential or play an active part in everyday life.
Mental health issues can include many areas, from enhancing our emotional well-being, to treating and preventing mild to severe mental illnesses, to the prevention of suicide.
Benefits of Mental Wellness:
- Acceptance and respect for others
So that you can:
- Realize your full potential
- Understand and feel good about yourself
- Handle stress
- Set goals and follow interests
- Develop good problem-solving and coping skills
- Bounce back from negative experiences
What can YOU do to take care of your mental health?
- Eat Right, Keep Fit—A balance diet, exercise and rest can help you to reduce stress and enjoy life.
- Give and Accept Support—Positive friends and healthy family relationships show their strength during difficult times.
- Identify and Deal with Moods—We all need to find safe and constructive ways to express our feelings of anger, sadness, joy and fear.
- Learn to Be at Peace with Yourself—Get to know who you are, what makes you really happy and learn to balance what you can and cannot change about yourself.
- Make Time for Family and Friends—Important relationships need to be nurtured. If taken for granted, these people may not be there to share life’s joys and sorrows.
About Grace Kim:
Grace Kim is a Resident in Counseling providing services at the Woodbridge location. She is a Qualified Mental Health Professional for Children (QMHP-C) and a National Certified Counselor (NCC). Grace has extensive experience in providing outpatient counseling services to children, adolescents, and young adults. She also has sufficient experience working with adult clients with longstanding substance abuse issues. She is an individual who has had her own share of mental health challenges and, with the help of those around her, has been able to overcome obstacles and barriers in her life. To learn more about Grace, visit HERE.