The month of June is an important month dedicated to the uplifting of LGBTQ+ voices, a celebration of LGBTQ+ culture and the support of LGBTQ+ rights.
PRIDE is an acronym for Personal Rights in Defense and Education. No matter who you love or how you identify, everyone deserves to be safe, valued, equal, and proud. It’s important to support and celebrate the incredible LGBTQ+ community year round.
Ask yourself, how can you show up to be an ally for LGBTQ+ youth?
Here is a list of helpful resources to reference for all age groups:
- Gender Spectrum – Working to create gender-sensitive and inclusive environments for all children and teens
- Gender Unicorn – This helpful resource outlines helps illustrate the differences between gender identities.
- The Trevor Project – Founded in 1998, The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ youth under 25.
- PFLAG – Providing support, information, and resources for LGBTQ+ people, their parents, families, and allies
- Human Rights Campaign – Glossary of Terms: LGBTQ+ people use a variety of terms to identify themselves, not all of which are included in this glossary.
- Resource Center – This resource lists several ways on how to be an ally during pride (and All Year Long!)
Everyone in the community should take some time to research and educate themselves about the LGBTQ+ community. Expanding our world views and making those around you feel accepted will positively impact everyone for the greater good.